American Water Spaniel
|Ease of Training|
- His exact origin is unknown
- It is thought that he was developed from the Irish Water Spaniel, Curly-Coated Retriever, and old English Water Spaniel
- He is a gun dog used for hunting; he could retrieve from boats
Personality and Behavior
- He's friendly and eager to please you
- He gets very attached to one person in the family
- He shows lots of affection to his human family
- He can be possessive of his belongings
- He is friendly with other dogs
- He can be a little barky at times; he makes a good watchdog
- He likes to active outdoors
- He's a natural retriever so he loves playing fetch
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat needs to be brushed two or three times a week to keep it free of mats and tangles.