|Ease of Training|
- He was developed by cross breeding various terriers in the late 19th century
- He's a native Australian breed
- He was first shown in Australian in 1868
- He cam to American in the late 1940's and was admitted into the American Kennel Club in 1960
- He was bred to control rodents and snakes on farms and in homes
Personality and Behavior
- He's feisty, courageous and confident
- He's alert which makes him a fine watchdog who will raise the alarm if something is amiss
- He's active and likes to investigate his surroundings
- He likes being in close contact with his human family
- He's eager to please you and loyal
- He can adapt to most climates
- He loves children
- He loves to dig
- He has a high prey drive and will chase any small critter within his sight
- He can be dog-aggressive and in general doesn't get along with other male dogs
- He's easy to train because he learns commands at an above average rate.
- He sheds virtually no hair. You'll be hard-pressed to find a hair in your home! (Good for clean-freaks.)
Grooming / Maintenance
- Option 1: Clip his coat short every few months and then it only needs to be brushed occasionally.
- Option 2: Strip his medium-length coat (pluck out the dead hairs) every 6 months and brush it occasionally.
Submit a photo of your Australian Terrier