|Ease of Training|
- He was developed in France for herding
- The earliest record of him dates back to 1578
- He's used on farms in France to herd sheep and sometimes cattle
Personality and Behavior
- He's energetic, strong, agile, and posses lots of stamina
- He's reserved with strangers
- He's fearless
- He's protective of children
- His threatening look makes him a good guard dog
- He's independent and strong willed
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).