|Ease of Training|
- He can be traced to the late 1800s
- He came from the Belgian village of Tervuren; hence his name
- He was a used for herding and guarding on farms
- He been used as a police, guide, and therapy dog because of his trainability and intelligence
Personality and Behavior
- He's very intelligent
- He's cautious around strangers
- He can handle just about any physical activity you can throw at him
- He loves his family and gives everything he's got to it
- He's a good watchdog and an unmatched guard dog
- He's very easy to train. He learns commands very quickly.
- He sheds profusely! You will find a lot of hair in your home - stuck to your couch, carpets and clothes - and to just about everything else. You will be vacuuming regularly.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds profusely you may find yourself brushing it a couple of times a week, or even daily, to reduce the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
- Belgian Malinois, Belgian Sheepdog