|Ease of Training|
- He originated in the Mediterranean area and descended from the water spaniel
- He was often used as item of barter amongst sailors
- He was favorite of Italian nobility in the 14th century
- He was popular in Spain and France in the 1500s
- He has been used to do trick acts in circuses and fairs
- He was bred in the United States in 1956
Personality and Behavior
- He's a friendly, cheerful and happy character
- He highly affectionate to his loved ones
- He's feisty and playful and will occasionally burst into energy racing around the room
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds virtually no hair. You'll be hard-pressed to find a hair in your home! (Good for clean-freaks.)
Grooming / Maintenance
- Option 1: Clip his coat short every few months and then it only needs to be brushed occasionally.
- Option 2: Clip and scissor his long coat into shape every 6 weeks and then brush it daily to keep it mat and tangle free.
Submit a photo of your Bichon Frise