Bouvier des Flandres
|Ease of Training|
- He originated in Southwest Flanders and on the French northern plain
- He was bred by farmers to drive cattle, herd sheep, and pull carts
- He's also been used as a police dog and security dog
Personality and Behavior
- He's fearless and daring
- He can be aggressive towards other dogs
- He's loyal and protective of his property and all who live on it; he prefers to stay on premises and guard rather than to wander about
- He makes a good watch and guard dog
- He's independent natured
- He's cautious around strangers
- He's easy to train because he learns commands at an above average rate.
- He sheds virtually no hair. You'll be hard-pressed to find a hair in your home! (Good for clean-freaks.)
Grooming / Maintenance
- Option 1: Clip his coat short every few months and then it only needs to be brushed occasionally.
- Option 2: Clip and scissors his coat into shape every 6 weeks and brush it once a week.