|Ease of Training|
- His exact origin is unknown
- He comes from a line of dogs from 16th century Europe and from an old fighting breed from Tibet
- He was developed in Germany in the late 1800s into the Boxer we know today
- He was used for dog fighting and bull baiting
- He was used as a police dog in Germany
Personality and Behavior
- He loves to be with his family
- He's very playful
- He's cautious around strangers
- He's courageous and fearless
- He's very good with children
- If he's bored he will start digging and chewing
- He can be stubborn
- He snorts, snuffles and snores loudly
- He can be aggressive with other males but is generally friendly around most other dogs
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).