|Ease of Training|
- He's from France where he was used as a herding dog on farms
- He appears in 8th century French tapestries
- He was used in the French Army as a messenger, guard, and for searching for wounded soldiers
Personality and Behavior
- He's gentle, loyal, loving and affectionate
- He doesn't do well being left alone for long stretches
- He is fearless when provoked
- He's obedient and eager to please you
- He has an excellent memory and retains what he learns for a long time
- He's very protective of his home and his family; he treats his family as his "flock" and strangers may be seen as "predators"
- He can be aggressive with other dogs
- He's slow to warm up to strangers and will do so on his terms
- He has an independent-streak in him
- He can be stubborn
- He's easy to train because he learns commands at an above average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat needs to be brushed two or three times a week to keep it free of mats and tangles.