|Ease of Training|
- He was developed in England by game keepers to protect against poachers
- He was developed by crossing the Mastiff with the Old English Bulldog
Personality and Behavior
- He's a loving giant and likes to live inside with his family
- He's fearless, confident and docile
- His protective instinct means he will defend his turf and family if he perceives a threat
- He's wary of strangers
- He doesn't always get along well with other dogs
- He slobbers a lot
- He gets on well with children
- He is one of the best guard dogs
- He's not easy to train. You will need patience as he is slower than most to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).