|Ease of Training|
- He's a native of Israel
- He dates back to biblical times originating in the Land of Canaan
- Drawing of dogs very similar to the Canaan Dog date back to 2200 BC
Personality and Behavior
- He's loyal and loving
- He's reserved with strangers
- He's very territorial
- He will bark at a pin drop and can be too noisy at time
- Because he's alert and quick to bark he makes an excellent watchdog; a stranger on your property will be spotted and you will be warned well in advance
- He's easy to train because he learns commands at an above average rate.
- He sheds profusely! You will find a lot of hair in your home - stuck to your couch, carpets and clothes - and to just about everything else. You will be vacuuming regularly.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds profusely you may find yourself brushing it a couple of times a week, or even daily, to reduce the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).