Chesapeake Bay Retriever
|Ease of Training|
- He originated in the Unite States
- He was developed in 1807 by breeding two Newfoundlands with various other breeds
- He's an excellent retriever; often used to retrieve ducks from icy water
Personality and Behavior
- He's intelligent, courageous, and alert
- He's bright and happy
- He loves being showered with attention
- He can be reserved around strangers
- He's easy to train because he learns commands at an above average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).