|Ease of Training|
- He's existed for centuries in the southern provinces of China; possibly even as early as 200B.C.
- It's thought he originated in the village of Tai Li in Kwantung province
- Ancient manuscripts refer to a "wrinkled dog" and ancient statues resemble the Chinese Shar-Pei
Personality and Behavior
- He's loving and devoted to his family
- He's confident, dignified and snobbish
- He's protective, alert, and will bark to warn of a stranger which makes him a good watchdog
- He only barks when he's having fun or when there's a reason, otherwise he's quite
- He's stubborn and very independent
- He's suspicious and aloof with strangers
- He can be aggressive with other dogs
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).