|Ease of Training|
- It's believed he comes from France
- It's believed he was developed from the Basset Hound and the Alpine Spaniel
- He was a good hunter because he rarely ever barked
Personality and Behavior
- He's gentle and very affectionate!
- He'll try to sit on your lap for some of your affection
- He has a real desire to please you
- He takes a while to warm up to strangers but once he does he will show his playful and affectionate side
- He's playful as a puppy, but lazy and happy just to lay around all day as an adult
- He drools and slobers
- He's notorious for stealing food from cabinets, counters and even the fridge when you're not looking (or even when you are)
- He's easy to train because he learns commands at an above average rate.
- He sheds profusely! You will find a lot of hair in your home - stuck to your couch, carpets and clothes - and to just about everything else. You will be vacuuming regularly.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds profusely you may find yourself brushing it a couple of times a week, or even daily, to reduce the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
Submit a photo of your Clumber Spaniel