|Ease of Training|
- It's thought he descended from the 16th century English Water Spaniel, Retrieving Setter, and possibly the Irish Water Spaniel
- He's been used to hunt birds
Personality and Behavior
- He's loyal and affectionate
- He loves to play games and jump around
- He's usually reserved around strangers
- He likes lots of physical activity and exercise
- He can be quite stubborn
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
Submit a photo of your Curly-Coated Retriever