Dandie Dinmont Terrier
|Ease of Training|
- He was bred in the hills between England and Scotland in 1700
- He was bred to hunt otter and badger
Personality and Behavior
- He tends to be stubborn and have a will of his own
- He's affectionate with his family
- He loves to have fun and play games
- He's not interested in strangers and often reserved with them
- He tends to be aggressive with strange male dogs
- He makes a good watchdog and is protective of his turf
- His high prey-drive means he'll chase small animals
- He's not easy to train. You will need patience as he is slower than most to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds virtually no hair. You'll be hard-pressed to find a hair in your home! (Good for clean-freaks.)
Grooming / Maintenance
- Option 1: Clip his coat short every few months and then it only needs to be brushed occasionally.
- Option 2: Strip his medium-length coat (pluck out the dead hairs) every 6 months and brush it occasionally.