|Ease of Training|
- He originated from Germany around 1890
- He's named after a tax collector named "Louis Dobermann Aploda who needed a guard dog
- Breeds used to develop the Doberman are thought to be the Rottweiler, Old Shorthaired Shepherd, German Pinscher and Black and Tan Terrier.
- He's very often used as a police or war dog because of his strength, intelligence, formidability, and trainability
Personality and Behavior
- He's one of the most intelligent breeds
- He's absolutely fearless and won't back down if challenged
- He's energetic, strong and athletic
- He's very loyal and obedient to his family
- He's affectionate with his family
- He's very protective of his home
- He can be aggressive towards other male dogs (they better watch out!)
- He tends to be aggressive towards strangers
- He's one of the easiest of all breeds to train because he learns so quickly. (There's only a few of these super-fast learning breeds--and he's one of them!)
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
Submit a photo of your Doberman Pinscher