Dogue de Bordeaux
|Ease of Training|
- His origins are unknown
- He has been used to guard, hunt and fight
- He was trained to bait bulls, jaguars and bears and hunt all types of animals
- He starred as "Hooch" in the Tom Hanks film Turner and Hooch
Personality and Behavior
- He's very protective of his home and makes an excellent guard dog
- He's a very affectionate dog who likes to be close to you and who will become very attached to you
- He drools - a lot
- He's very muscular, strong and powerful
- He patient with children
- He's a mild-tempered and calm dog
- He can be aggressive with other dogs or strangers
- He can be very stubborn and dominant (pushing his weight around)
- He's one of the most difficult breeds to train. You will need lots of patience as he is one of the slowest to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).