|Ease of Training|
- He's the national dog of Finland
- His history goes back several thousand years when he was bred as a hunting dog
- He was used for hunting birds and small game and would bark and point in their direction
- He came to the United States in 1959
Personality and Behavior
- He is initially reserved with strangers
- He gets along well with children
- He's an active dog
- He's quick on his feet
- He can be aggressive with other dogs and animals
- He's quick to bark at anything that gets his attention which makes him a good watchdog
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds profusely! You will find a lot of hair in your home - stuck to your couch, carpets and clothes - and to just about everything else. You will be vacuuming regularly.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds profusely you may find yourself brushing it a couple of times a week, or even daily, to reduce the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).