|Ease of Training|
- He originated in England in the mid 19th century
- He came to the United States in 1860
- He was bred as a hunting dog to flush and retrieve birds
Personality and Behavior
- He has a cheerful and upbeat nature; his tail is always wagging
- He bonds strongly with his owner and family
- He has lots of energy and loves to run around and play
- He gets along well with other animals
- He loves to give kisses to his human friends
- He likes to spend lots of time outside everyday
- He loves swimming
- He doesn't like being left alone
- He's very easy to train. He learns commands very quickly.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
Submit a photo of your Flat-Coated Retriever