|Ease of Training|
- He originated in Germany
- He is related to the Doberman, Miniature Pinscher, and Standard Schnauzer
- He was respected for his ability to hunt rats and mice
Personality and Behavior
- He's naturally protective of his family
- He has a high prey-drive and will chase any little critter that runs from him
- He is fearless and will take on a much bigger dog if threatened
- He's a very athletic dog with plenty of stamina
- He's alert and quick to bark making him and excellent watchdog
- He tends to be aggressive towards other dogs
- He has lots of energy which he needs to burn
- If he gets bored he may be destructive
- He's not easy to train. You will need patience as he is slower than most to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).