German Shorthaired Pointer
|Ease of Training|
- He was bred in the 1800s for his keen nose to be a hunting dog
- His exact origin is unknown, but he seems to have come from the old Spanish Pointer from Germany
Personality and Behavior
- He has a very good nose and might wander off after an interesting smell
- He's very intelligent
- He's friendly, even-tempered and reliable
- He's very athletic and has loads of stamina
- He's affectionate with his human family
- He's good with kids
- He's very easy to train. He learns commands very quickly.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).