German Wirehaired Pointer
|Ease of Training|
- He originated in Germany in the 1800s
- He was used as a hunting dog
Personality and Behavior
- He's friendly, even-tempered and reliable
- He's generally aloof with strangers
- He likes to swim
- He's very athletic and has lots of endurance
- He'll bond closely with you and show you lots of affection and love
- He loves being with his owner or other family members and hates being left alone
- He likes to roam and wander off
- He can be stubborn and has a mind of his own
- He can turn destructive if he isn't getting enough exercise and mental stimulation
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- Option 1: Clip his coat short every few months and then it only needs to be brushed occasionally.
- Option 2: Strip his short coat (pluck out the dead hairs) every 6 months and brush it occasionally.