Glen of Imaal Terrier
|Ease of Training|
- He originated in Wicklow, Ireland
- He was bred to kill rats and mice on the farm and in the home and to hunt fox and badger
Personality and Behavior
- His high prey-drive means he'll chase anything he can
- He's gentle and quiet around the home
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds virtually no hair. You'll be hard-pressed to find a hair in your home! (Good for clean-freaks.)
Grooming / Maintenance
- Option 1: Clip his coat short every few months and then it only needs to be brushed occasionally.
- Option 2: Strip his medium-length coat (pluck out the dead hairs) every 6 months and brush it occasionally.