|Ease of Training|
- He was developed by Germans 400 years ago
- It's believed he was bred from Irish Wolfhound and Old English Mastiff
- He was bred to hunt wild boar
Personality and Behavior
- He's a gentle, loving, and friendly giant
- He loves nothing more than to be with his family
- He gets along well with other dogs and pets
- He's pleasant with strangers
- He slobbers and drools
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).