Greater Swiss Mountain Dog
|Ease of Training|
- He originated in Switzerland
- He was used as a herding, guard and draft dog
Personality and Behavior
- He makes an excellent watchdog and guard dog
- He likes hiking and walking
- He's very strong and powerful
- He loves being apart of family activities
- He takes a long time to housetrain
- He's even-tempered and gets along well with people
- He likes children
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).