|Ease of Training|
- He originated in England
- He was used as a hunting dog for his excellent nose and scent tracking abilities
Personality and Behavior
- He's cheerful and sweet natured
- He needs to be fenced in because of his desire to follow his nose and wander off after an inviting smell
- He loves peoples and needs to be with you often
- He's friendly with strangers
- He likes to live with other dogs
- He gets along well with other dogs
- He is excellent with children
- He's an active dog and likes exploring, walking, and going anywhere you'll take him
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
Submit a photo of your Harrier