|Ease of Training|
- His origins can be traced back to Ancient Egypt to 3400 B.C.
- It is thought Phoenician sailors brought him to the Ibiza island in the 8th century
- He comes from the Island of Ibiza
- He was used to hunt rabbits
Personality and Behavior
- He's gentle and kind
- He's an extremely agile dog who is fast on his feet
- He's an expert escapologist; he excels at jumping and can clear a five foot fence with ease so he needs a secure, high fenced backyard
- He likes to fool around and can be quite entertaining to watch
- He's aloof with strangers
- His sensitive, gentle natured makes him good with kids
- He gets along well with other dogs
- His high prey drive means he will bolt off to after others animals and therefore can't be trusted off lead
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
Submit a photo of your Ibizan Hound