|Ease of Training|
- He originated in Ireland in the 19th century
- He was used as a bird hunting dog
Personality and Behavior
- He's a high energy dog
- He's stable, outgoing, friendly and affectionate
- He thrives on your love and companionship
- He's a people-dog and wants to be around you all the time
- He enthusiastically greets strangers
- He's excellent with kids
- He's good with other dogs and pets
- He might sometimes pretend he's deaf when you call him
- If he's bored he can become destructive
- He's easy to train because he learns commands at an above average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).