Jack Russell Terrier (Rough)
|Ease of Training|
- He was bred by Reverend John Russell in the 1800s
- He was bred to flush foxes, badgers, ground hogs and other animals from their dens during the hunt
Personality and Behavior
- He's loyal, courageous, tenacious and unbreakable
- He's independent-minded and can be very stubborn
- He's tough-as-nails
- He's extremely energetic and must get plenty of exercise daily
- He has a tendency to be aggressive with other dogs
- He's utterly fearless and will take on absolutely any dog who threatens him - even one ten times his size
- If bored he will often turn destructive to entertain himself
- He has a high prey drive and will chase any small animal that moves
- He's highly alert and aware of everything that's going on
- He loves to dig
- He loves to bark
- He's only good with well behaved children who know not to tease him
- He's very protective of his family
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
Submit a photo of your Jack Russell Terrier (Rough)