|Ease of Training|
- He originated in China
- He made his way to Japan as a royal gift
- He was bred to accompany ladies of the Imperial palace and to warm laps
Personality and Behavior
- He's independent, loving, loyal
- He likes to play and fool around
- He's very affectionate and loves to cuddle and snuggle
- He's quite sensitive
- He's alert and will bark at a stranger so makes a good little watchdog
- He's reserved around strangers
- He's not easy to train. You will need patience as he is slower than most to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds profusely! You will find a lot of hair in your home - stuck to your couch, carpets and clothes - and to just about everything else. You will be vacuuming regularly.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His long coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds profusely you may find yourself brushing it a couple of times a week, or even daily, to reduce the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).