|Ease of Training|
- He originated in Tibet
- He was used to guard livestock from predators
Personality and Behavior
- He makes an excellent guard dog
- He isn't a very affectionate dog and can be quite aloof
- He's reserved with strangers
- He will fiercely protect his home and family
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds profusely! You will find a lot of hair in your home - stuck to your couch, carpets and clothes - and to just about everything else. You will be vacuuming regularly.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds profusely you may find yourself brushing it a couple of times a week, or even daily, to reduce the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).