|Ease of Training|
- He originated several hundred years ago in the Himalayan Mountains
- He was used as a watchdog in Tibetan Monasteries and in the homes of nobility
Personality and Behavior
- He's a very independent dog who'd rather please himself than please you
- He's suspicious of strangers
- He enjoys climbing to the top of furniture for a good view of what's happening around him and burrowing into pillows and blankets
- He'll rub his face into you and sit on your feet to show his affection
- He's not easy to train. You will need patience as he is slower than most to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds virtually no hair. You'll be hard-pressed to find a hair in your home! (Good for clean-freaks.)
Grooming / Maintenance
- Option 1: Clip his coat short every few months and then it only needs to be brushed occasionally.
- Option 2: Trim his long coat every 6 weeks and then brush it daily to keep it mat and tangle free.
Submit a photo of your Lhasa Apso