|Ease of Training|
- He originated in England
- He was bred as a guard dog
- He is also known as the Old English Mastiff or English Mastiff
Personality and Behavior
- He's a massive and powerful dog
- He's gentle, good natured, loyal and friendly
- He's dignified and courageous
- He loves to be around his family
- He bonds very closely with you
- He has a mind of his own and can be quite stubborn
- He's affectionate and will show it by leaning, lying, or sitting on you
- His imposing look makes him an excellent guard dog
- He's great with children
- He gets along well with other dogs
- He drools and slobbers a lot!
- He snores loudly
- He's one of the most difficult breeds to train. You will need lots of patience as he is one of the slowest to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
Submit a photo of your Mastiff