|Ease of Training|
- He originated in Germany hundreds of years ago
- He was first bred to hunt rats on farms and in homes
- It's thought the Dachshund, Italian Greyhound and Shorthaired German Pinscher were used in his development
Personality and Behavior
- He's alert, spirited and fearless
- He's agile and fast
- He thrives on your companionship
- His inquisitive and investigates all goings on around the home
- He's very protective of his family and untrusting of strangers; he may constantly challenge and bark at a stranger who enters the home
- His alertness and protective instinct make him a good watch dog
- He doesn't need much exercise
- He's good with respectful children but may nip at a young child who accidentally annoys him
- He doesn't realize his small size and may challenge much larger dogs
- He's easy to train because he learns commands at an above average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
Submit a photo of your Miniature Pinscher