|Ease of Training|
- He's an ancient breed that can be traced back to the Persian, Mesopotamia, Egypt and Asia to war dogs used by the Roman army
Personality and Behavior
- He's reliable, loyal and peaceful
- He's got a mind of his own and can be quite stubborn
- He's very protective of his home and family
- He's wary of strangers
- He's large, strong, and powerful
- His intimidating looks makes him a good guard dog
- He slobbers and drools something terrible!
- He doesn't bark unless there's a good reason to
- He's peaceful with children but because of his strength and size may unintentionally cause them harm by sitting on them or knocking them over
- He's not easy to train. You will need patience as he is slower than most to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).