Old English Sheepdog
|Ease of Training|
- He originated in 19th century England
Personality and Behavior
- He's affectionate with his family
- He may try to herd people or animals
- He likes to have plenty of human companionship
- He's not easy to train. You will need patience as he is slower than most to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds profusely! You will find a lot of hair in your home - stuck to your couch, carpets and clothes - and to just about everything else. You will be vacuuming regularly.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds profusely you may find yourself brushing it a couple of times a week, or even daily, to reduce the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).