|Ease of Training
- He originated in Peking, China several hundred years ago
Personality and Behavior
- He's independent, good-natured and affectionate
- He can have breathing difficulties on hot days or if he physically overexerts himself because of his flat face
- He carries himself with dignity and an air of self-importance
- He can be extra difficult to housebreak
- He's one of the most difficult breeds to train. You will need lots of patience as he is one of the slowest to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds profusely! You will find a lot of hair in your home - stuck to your couch, carpets and clothes - and to just about everything else. You will be vacuuming regularly.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds profusely you may find yourself brushing it a couple of times a week, or even daily, to reduce the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).