Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen
|Ease of Training|
- He comes from France
Personality and Behavior
- He's outgoing, friendly and polite with everyone
- He thrives on lots of physical activity
- He may turn to barking or destructive behavior if he isn't getting enough physical activity
- He's great with kids but may not be good with younger kids because he play bites
- He likes to howl in tune with music or other noises
- He doesn't like being left alone and thrives on your companionship
- He's good with other dogs
- He's not easy to train. You will need patience as he is slower than most to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).