|Ease of Training|
- He originated in the Unites States of America
- He was used for hunting bear and boar and other big game
Personality and Behavior
- He's a bold and fearless hunter
- He has a strong instinct to chase other animals that run away from him
- He can be quite loud with his baying
- He's not easy to train. You will need patience as he is slower than most to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).