|Ease of Training
- He's one of the oldest breeds, thought to have originated in China
- He has existed since 400B.C.
- He was a pet of Buddhist monks in monasteries in Tibet
Personality and Behavior
- He's even-tempered and reliable
- He rarely gets into mischief
- He's gentle, loving and affectionate
- He loves to play games
- He gets along well with other dogs, pets and strangers
- He doesn't mind living in a small apartment
- He's excellent with children
- He snorts, snuffles and snores loudly (it might get on your nerves)
- He makes bad smells (flatulence)
- He has difficulty breathing in very hot weather or if he over exerts himself physically
- He loves to eat, eat, and eat some more! (He will eat himself fat, if you let him)
- He's not easy to train. You will need patience as he is slower than most to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds profusely! You will find a lot of hair in your home - stuck to your couch, carpets and clothes - and to just about everything else. You will be vacuuming regularly.
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds profusely you may find yourself brushing it a couple of times a week, or even daily, to reduce the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
Submit a photo of your Pug