|Ease of Training|
- He originated in South Africa
- He was originally bred to hunt lions and protect the family
Personality and Behavior
- He's loyal, brave and reliable
- He's very athletic and enjoys plenty of exercise
- He loves people and wants to be with you at all times
- He likes to curl up next to you on the lounge
- He's very good with children
- He's aloof with strangers and will probably ignore them
- He can be quite strong-willed
- He's a sensitive dog and needs to be dealt with gently
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
Submit a photo of your Rhodesian Ridgeback