|Ease of Training
- His origin is unknown
- It's thought he may have come from Roman herding dogs
- He's been used as a police dog, service dog, therapy dog, and herder.
Personality and Behavior
- He's big, exceptionally strong and powerful
- He's highly intelligent
- He's serious and confident
- He's very protective and territorial of his home and family
- He's naturally wary of strangers and won't be friendly to them until properly introduced; he can be aggressive with them especially if they enter his turf uninvited
- He can be aggressive with other male dogs
- He's clownish and playful at times
- He's good with children
- He's the best guard dog of all breeds
- He fears nothing
- He's one of the easiest of all breeds to train because he learns so quickly. (There's only a few of these super-fast learning breeds--and he's one of them!)
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).