Saint Bernard (Longhaired)
|Ease of Training|
- He originated in Switzerland in the Alps
- He was used as a search and rescue, carting and guard dog
Personality and Behavior
- He slobbers and drools a lot!
- He makes a great family companion
- He's good with children he's raised with
- His intimidating size and bark makes him a good guard dog
- He's not easy to train. You will need patience as he is slower than most to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds profusely! You will find a lot of hair in your home - stuck to your couch, carpets and clothes - and to just about everything else. You will be vacuuming regularly.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds profusely you may find yourself brushing it a couple of times a week, or even daily, to reduce the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
Submit a photo of your Saint Bernard (Longhaired)