|Ease of Training|
- He originated in Belgium
- He served as a watchdog and vermin hunter on river barges
Personality and Behavior
- He's highly intelligent
- His alertness and quickness to bark makes him an excellent watchdog
- He barks quite a lot!
- He's very easy to train. He learns commands very quickly.
- He sheds profusely! You will find a lot of hair in your home - stuck to your couch, carpets and clothes - and to just about everything else. You will be vacuuming regularly.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds profusely you may find yourself brushing it a couple of times a week, or even daily, to reduce the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).