|Ease of Training|
- He comes from Scotland
- He was used to pursue and kill deer
Personality and Behavior
- He's very gentle, peaceful and friendly
- His hunting instinct will cause him to chase any small creature that runs by
- He can be destructive if he doesn't get enough exercise each day
- He doesn't bark much
- His independent natured means he isn't an eager-to-please-you dog
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
Submit a photo of your Scottish Deerhound