|Ease of Training|
- He comes from the Shetland Islands
- He was developed from Collies and Spitzes
- He's also known as a "Sheltie"
Personality and Behavior
- He's loyal, loving, and eager to please you
- He loves his family
- He's always ready for your instructions
- He's very intelligent and learns very quickly
- He's reserved with strangers at first
- He may try to herd children, guests, or ducks by nipping at their ankles or barking at them due to his natural herding instinct
- He's good with children if raised with them
- He doesn't like to be left alone for long periods of time; he likes to be with someone all the time
- He's quite vocal and barks quite often
- He will warn you when a person is at the door or on your property
- He loves to run around in open space
- He's one of the easiest of all breeds to train because he learns so quickly. (There's only a few of these super-fast learning breeds--and he's one of them!)
- He sheds profusely! You will find a lot of hair in your home - stuck to your couch, carpets and clothes - and to just about everything else. You will be vacuuming regularly.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds profusely you may find yourself brushing it a couple of times a week, or even daily, to reduce the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).