|Ease of Training|
- He originated in Japan
- He was bred for hunting
Personality and Behavior
- He's independent-natured
- He's reserved with strangers
- He's affectionate with his family
- He has a high prey drive and will chase smaller animals
- He tends to be aggressive with other dogs
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds profusely! You will find a lot of hair in your home - stuck to your couch, carpets and clothes - and to just about everything else. You will be vacuuming regularly.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds profusely you may find yourself brushing it a couple of times a week, or even daily, to reduce the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).