|Ease of Training|
- He originated in China
- He was bred to be a companion dog of Chinese royalty
Personality and Behavior
- He has an arrogant demeanor
- His sole purpose is to be your companion
- He's happy, sweet, friendly and trusting
- He'll show you lots of affection and shower you with kisses and cuddles
- He loves to sit on your lap
- He loves it when you play games with him
- He knows how to stand up for himself if another dog picks on him
- He can be very stubborn at times
- He's one of the most difficult breeds to train. You will need lots of patience as he is one of the slowest to learn obedience commands.
- He sheds virtually no hair. You'll be hard-pressed to find a hair in your home! (Good for clean-freaks.)
Grooming / Maintenance
- Option 1: Clip his coat short every few months and then it only needs to be brushed occasionally.
- Option 2: Trim his long coat every 6 weeks and then brush it daily to keep it mat and tangle free.