|Ease of Training|
- He originated in North East Asia
- He was used to pull sleds
Personality and Behavior
- He's gentle, friendly, and outgoing with everyone
- He has a high prey drive and will probably chase and kill smaller household pets such as cats, hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits or birds
- He howls rather than barks
- He's independent-natured and likes to do his own thing
- He likes to dominate situations and can be very stubborn
- If he isn't get enough exercise and mental stimulation he might become very destructive
- He likes to spend plenty of time outdoors
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds profusely! You will find a lot of hair in your home - stuck to your couch, carpets and clothes - and to just about everything else. You will be vacuuming regularly.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His medium-length coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds profusely you may find yourself brushing it a couple of times a week, or even daily, to reduce the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
Submit a photo of your Siberian Husky