Staffordshire Bull Terrier
|Ease of Training|
- He originated in England
- He was bred to fight other dogs
- He was developed from a combination of Mastiffs, old Bulldogs, and Terriers
- He was originally bred for bull and bear baiting
Personality and Behavior
- He's courageous, tenacious, and sweet
- He possesses incredible strength for his size
- He's very energetic, agile, and fast on his feet
- He's very affectionate with his owner and he'll show it by pawing, nuzzling and jumping up to you
- He has very powerful jaws that will make short work of most play toys
- He will test his owner to see who's boss
- He tends to be aggressive with other dogs
- His imposing looks make him an excellent guard dog
- He has a high prey drive towards small animals
- He's good with children who treat him with respect
- He's fairly easy to train. He learns commands at an average rate.
- He sheds quite a bit of hair. You'll find some hair stuck to your clothes, couch and carpets.
Grooming / Maintenance
- His short coat only needs to be brushed occasionally. However, because it sheds you may find yourself brushing it once a week, or more, to minimize the hair in your home (what you remove with a brush doesn't end up on the couch!).
Submit a photo of your Staffordshire Bull Terrier